St Anne's Church

St Anne's Church, in Burlington Street, was built in the Decorated style in roughened stone by Benjamin Ferrey for Mrs Maria Cook, in memory of her son Revd James Churchill. Consecrated on 13 June 1863 by the Bishop of Chichester, the interior had a clerestoried nave and chancel with another chapel in the western aisle. The parish was combined with St George's in 1979, and the church was closed in 1983 and demolished in March 1986 to be replaced by sheltered housing, St Anne's Court.