De La Salle School
The nuns of the order of the Sacred Heart built the original convent and school which opened in 1872. The nuns eventually left Hove in 1966 and the site and buildings were acquired by the Diocese. The De La Salle Brothers took over the running of the school until they moved out in 1971. De La Salle school was amalgamated with several others and eventually became Cardinal Newman Catholic School.