Only residential house
This is now a terraced house, though it was designed as detached; it is the only remaining residential house in London Road. It was built c1822-30 with later additions. The building, which became St Bartholomew’s Vicarage in 1882, was probably designed by Amon Wilds and Charles Augustine Busby. The central part of the house is of three window range, double-fronted, under a hipped roof. There are two wings, slightly set back to either side. These are finished in render and are presumably additions of a later date.
On the principal part, the ground floor is decorated with banded rustication with four fluted Ionic pilasters flanking the three central openings and a stucco band of guilloche ornamentation. It has a round-arched entrance with fanlight and an ironwork porch. The entrance and the flat-arched ground-floor windows are set back under round arches.