Established in 1894
This is a two storey red brick building, dated 1894, with pitched tile roof. The building is located at the corner of Hampstead Road and Woodside Avenue. The Hampstead Road elevation incorporates a decorative gable, surmounted by a small pediment housing the date stone.
Remains in use as a public house
There is a canted bay to ground floor, with a door flanked by two windows set beneath the fascia board. The fascia continues round to the Woodside Avenue elevation, where there are a further window and two doors to the ground floor. Originally these likely matched those to Hampstead Road by having the door placed centrally, flanked by a single window to either side; this has been altered. There are paired hung sash windows to the first floor.
A minor focal point
The building is a distinctive small-scale late 19th century hotel/public house. It is not within a conservation area, but the building contributes to the streetscene. It marks the northern entrance to Preston Park Railway Station, and is a minor focal point on arriving and exiting the station.