Construction in 19th Century
Hove Parish Church (All Saints) stands on the corner of The Drive and Eaton Road. One of the greatest churches of the gothic revival, All Saints is the largest and most expensive of the churches designed by John Loughborough Pearson, the architect of Truro and Brisbane Cathedrals.
All Saints is architecturally the finest of all the city chuches and contains world class fittings in the shape and form of its complete set of Clayton & Bell windows, magnificent woodwork and stonework and its great 1905 Hill organ.
The church, built to seat 1,200 people, is constructed of Sussex sandstone and roofed in Sussex oak. Built in two campaigns (1889-1891 & 1899-1901) many of the most illustrious Hove residents of the day gave to its building fund, including the Sassoon family who also built the Middle Street Synagogue.