Pavilion Parade

Pavilion Parade, c. 1940s: Facades at the corner of Pavilion Parade in the Old Steine | Image reproduced with kind permission from Brighton and Hove in Pictures by Brighton and Hove City Council
Pavilion Parade, c. 1940s: Facades at the corner of Pavilion Parade in the Old Steine
Image reproduced with kind permission from Brighton and Hove in Pictures by Brighton and Hove City Council

Please note that this text is an extract from a reference work written in 1990.  As a result, some of the content may not reflect recent research, changes and events.

k) PAVILION PARADE: Built in the 1790s, this listed, elegant, four-storey terrace has ironwork balconies and now mixes bows with angular bays, but all the buildings have distinctive doorways; nos.3-4 also have cobbled fronts. Nos.10-11 are an annexe of Brighton Polytechnic . Nos.1-2 Pavilion Parade faced south on the northern side of the once narrow Edward Street , but were demolished in 1928 for road-widening. {44,116}

Any numerical cross-references in the text above refer to resources in the Sources and Bibliography section of the Encyclopaedia of Brighton by Tim Carder.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *