The Lion and Unicorn was situated on the northeast corner of what was Claremont Place and Sussex Street before the 1959 redevelopment scheme. It was more commonly known as ‘The Blue House’.
The photo shown here was taken in October 1993. The building no longer operates as a pub and has been redeveloped into flats. The map below shows the pub and the area as it is today.