St John’s School in Carlton Hill started as a church school not long after St. John The Evangelist’s Church was built. The church was consecrated 28th January 1840.
Closed in 1960s redevelopment
In 1870 the school was rebuilt on its present site and became The St. John’s National School for Girls, Boys and Infants. In the 1950s it became St. John’s County Primary School (Infants). Unfortunately the school succumbed to the wholesale redevelopment of the area in the 1960s, when it was closed.
Research by Andy Grant