At the time of this photograph, 10th June 1979, little remained of the original street, which is off Edward Street. At that time, the remaining buildings were under threat of early demolition. This was a very old street, dating from the early years of the nineteenth century, about 1810. As late as the 1920s about ten houses were in occupation, but these were condemned as unfit for human living during the 1930s, and taken over for business use.
Click on the photographs to open a large version in a new window.