19th century view
These beautiful Regency houses were demolished to make way for Telephone House. There are tram lines and a single trolley wire above the street.
20th century view
Telephone House stood on this site from 1938 to the early 1980s. It was used by Post Office workers, until it was declared unsafe. Notice the two overhead wires for the trolley-buses.
21st century view
This shot shows Trustcard House at the bottom of North Road. It was built in 1985. In the foreground, notice the selection of lovely traffic-lights.