Built in the 1860s
Round Hill, 223 feet above sea level, was a large arable open field two hundred years ago. In the 1820s housing development started, and Round Hill Crescent was built in the 1860s.
The crescent marked the northernmost point of fashionable middle-class housing development in Brighton. After the 1860s the Victorian developers turned their attention to Hove and Preston. In 1871 the crescent was occupied by retired schoolmasters, soldiers, doctors and others living off their income and investments.
Several of the three-storey terraces on Round Hill Crescent have ironwork balconies and are listed buildings. All of Round Hill is now a conservation area.