Are there any members of this club out there? We operated as youngsters from about 1950 until 1954, using the pavement circuit from the first lamp-post on the west side, around number 67, going down Dudley Road, turning right into Hollingdean Street, up Roedale Road, right into Hollingbury Place and back down Dudley Road to the ‘home’ lamp-post. It was, we seemed to know, a quarter of a mile cicuit and a one mile race was therefore four laps. The contests were meticulously timed on a Railway Timekeeer pocket watch and kept us happily occupied on Saturday mornings for several years during our childhood. Happy days!