Coldean, Falmer and Stanmer

Coldean sits snugly in a steep sided valley on the extreme north-east of the city.  In 1066 the manor of Falmer was held by the Priory of St. Pancras at Lewes, but in 1776 it was sold to Thomas Pelham, later the Earl of Chichester.  Stanmer lies on the northern fringe of the city it has a mansion set in a landscaped park, a church next to a duck pond, and a working farm.