Please note that this text is an extract from a reference work written in 1990. As a result, some of the content may not reflect recent research, changes and events.
j) PLOUGH INN: Although it was rebuilt at the turn of the century and refaced in 1937, the Plough dates from the 1840s and retains some original flint walls. The inn is the headquarters of the Rottingdean Cricket Club and was often used for training by the famous prize-fighter Tom Sayers in the 1850s.
Any numerical cross-references in the text above refer to resources in the Sources and Bibliography section of the Encyclopaedia of Brighton by Tim Carder.